Count how many times this guy on a scooter gets in a fender bender. Make sure you watch until the very end.
Courts & Ghosts: Inspecting the Green Cove Springs Courthouse for the Paranormal
John was invited to appear on an episode of “Local Haunts,” a northeast Florida show about investigating the paranormal. The investigation took place in a very fitting place- the old Green Cove Springs Courthouse. The crew described John as an “open minded skeptic.” Did he see some things that truly opened his eyes about ghosts and things that go “boo” in the night? Yes.
Watch (Part I):
Watch (Part II)(airing this weekend):
- In Alabama, state code allows only 5 minutes for one to vote.
- In Florida, it is illegal to drive with hazard lights unless you are in a funeral procession. Hazards lights are for stopped vehicles only.
- In Arkansas, no person shall sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 p.m.
- In Ottumwa, Iowa, it is illegal for any man, within the corporate city limits, to wink at any female with whom he is “unacquainted.”
- In Topeka, Kansas, servers are forbidden to serve wine in teacups.
- In Kentucky, a female shall not appear in a bathing suit on any highway within this state.
- In Zion, Illinois it is illegal for anyone to give cats, dogs, or other domesticated animals a lighted cigar.
- According to a law in China, you must be intelligent to go to college.
In Riverside, California, kissing on the lips, unless both parties wipe their lips with carbonized rose water, is against the local health ordinance.
It is Wednesday again, so to help you get over your mid-week blues, here are some very real and very funny weird laws from around the country, enjoy!
- In Reno, Nevada, it is unlawful for any person to carry on, conduct or maintain any marathon dancing or marathon walking.
- In Bergen County, New Jersey, the only retail outlets permitted to be open on Sundays are grocery stores and liquor stores.
- In South Carolina, it is unlawful for a minor under the age of eighteen to play a pinball machine.
- In Tennessee, you must believe in god to be elected into office. You also are not permitted into office if you were a contender in a duel.
- Odd non-laws: Vermont has no ban on public nudity. In New York women can be topless in public.
- In West Virginia, state code deems it unlawful for any person to have in his possession or to display any red or black flag.
- In Wisconsin, the serving of colored oleomargarine or margarine at a public eating place as a substitute for table butter is prohibited.
- In Florida, it is illegal to fish while driving across a bridge.
It is 2013. Some say social media has killed interpersonal communication. People just aren’t picking up the phone and calling friends to say hello or wish them happy birthday….Or calling their drug dealer looking for drugs… they just go to social media.For one man, reliance on social media as a primary channel of communication almost landed him in jail. The man needed weed, and he needed it quickly – enough for a “spliff” anyway. So he took to Twitter. Asking all of his followers if anyone could deliver some weed to him at Mr. Lube, where he worked.
Interestingly enough, the local police department saw it on twitter, and promptly responded to the mans twitter request:
Social media has not only ruined interpersonal communication found in the everyday social lives of internet users, but it has also ruined personal communication between drug dealers and drug buyers. Mr. Lube found out and former Mr. Lube employee/drug-twitter-seeker has been fired.
I have never been a huge fan of Ashton Kutcher. However, the television and movie star delivered a fantastic message in his Teen Choice Award acceptance speech. Kutcher could have just accepted his award, said thank you, and sat down. But Kutcher used the platform to deliver a positive message to teens (and everyone else) across the country.
This past march, a ring of internet cafes operated by Allied Veterans fo the World was shut down after a federal investigation found that the “sweepstakes” cafes were illegally (racketeering and money laundering) bringing in over $300 million. Action News Jax reported, “Investigators claimed Allied Veterans raked in hundreds of millions of dollars from a fraud ring that used Internet Cafes as a front throughout Florida.” In the end 57 people were arrested.
In response to the illegal gambling ring bust, Florida Governor Rick Scott signed off on a bill to ban all internet cafes in Florida that offer games of chance. But it appears that Governor Rick Scott treated the bill like the “agree to terms and conditions” button you click when you buy something on itunes. You just kind of want your song and you just start clicking, “agree” without reading any of the actual terms, conditions or writing. Well Governor Scott must have just started signing everything because he just kind of wanted to ban internet cafes. Why do I think this? Because the the bill banning most internet cafes defines illegal slot machines as any “system or network of devices” that may be used in a game of chance.* Your computer and smart phone most likely have internet access. That would classify them as devices on a system or network. Additionally, your computer and phone probably have games like solitaire, Candy Crush, or Bejewelled which would probably all be considered games of chance (I would consider Angry Birds a game of skill, games of skill are legal in Florida*). In effect your phone and computer are both devices on a system or network of devices that may be used in a game of chance.
*So what is a game of chance? As explained in our previous post, The legality of Online Gambling on Fantasy Sports: What’s the Line?, “A game of skill requires the player to have one or more of the following: A knowledge of the game strong enough to give the player an edge, a highly developed strategy or tactic, superior physichal abilities and the ability to use one’s knowledge effectively and readily in execution or performance. Games of chance on the other hand require much more luck than skill”
1) Maybe it is time for this guy to stop having such “great” ideas. Obvioulsy they aren’t that great.
2) Brenda was never good at following directions.
3) “Officer, it wasn’t me. Trust me. I’m not lying.”
4) On the back of the shirt it says, “…Drunks go to jail.”
5) “Officer, I am not wanted! Im just a huge fan of the show! It is hard to tell, but the tattoo on my neck is John Walsh’s face.”
6) Sometimes “sorry” just don’t cut it (The T-shirt says, “I would like to apologize in advance for my behavior tonight.”)
8) I can’t say that you are a terrible role model in all aspects of life. But when it comes to drugs, alcohol and getting dressed, your role modeling skills could use some work.
9) Arresting Officer: “Jerry? Is that you? I almost didn’t recognize you! Your responsible adult disguise is so convincing! Man are you looking responsible these days. It must be the mustache. Yup. That’s it.”
10) The shirt is cut off in the picture, but I’m guessing the bottom half says, “most of the time.”
For more worst of the worst, continue reading after the jump:
Nothing screams I am innocent, I swear like a shirt that says, “Trust me I’m a liar”
**BONUS MUG SHOT***
This man was arrested for stabbing his roommate 10 times for touching his radio… From the picture alone, I can’t believe it!!!
A “Flop” is when a player intentionally falls over with little to no physichal contact from opposing players, with the intention of drawing a foul. Because flopping is deceiving and dishonest, flopping is generally considered to be unsportsmanlike, and in my opinion, soft. Regardless, many players are well practiced in the art of flopping. This includes some of the world’s top athletes. Flopping is often associated with basketball and soccer. However, there are several differences between basketball flops and soccer flops. The top two being how players react to their own flop (the actual flop itself) and how the sport handles such behavior.
In soccer the flop is so flamboyant I can’t even watch it anymore. Basketball players flop, and it is annoying, childish and in poor taste. However, when basketball players flop, they get right back up and continue playing. Soccer players on the other hand (at least a majority of them) follow up their flops by rolling around on the ground, clutching their shins in the fetal position, screaming, kicking and flailing before finally deciding that they are in fact perfectly fine, hop up, and start sprinting around. It is embarrassing and hard to watch. There are people who break bones and lose limbs that have less of a reaction to their injury. I can not and will not watch soccer games until something is done regarding the attention seeking and humiliating soccer flop. It is comparable to a two-year-old who falls over, looks around and begins screaming and crying until their mother runs to console them. As soon as the parent tends to the child, the child stops crying. This is the exact mentality of soccer players. Kick and scream until a referee acknowledges their pain.
The Longest Putt at Murray Brothers CaddyShack Charity Golf Tournament by pro golfer David Mobley.
Murray Brothers CaddyShack Charity Golf is about the best time you can have. My office is a sponsor. David Mobley camped out at our hole and hit some unique shots- like this one -off someone’s face.
UPDATE: We originally posted this list of the worst of the worst lawyer commercials in April 2013. But today, the list has certainly been topped. Remember Sweet Brown? The “Ain’t nobody got Time for that” lady? Well we have just discovered that she was hired to act in a lawyer commercial. Attorney Brian Loncar has hired Sweet Brown to act in his latest marketing ploy… Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Slovakian Cyckist Peter Sagan Finishes in Second, But Tries to Steal First… Base
By John M. Phillips
Slovakian cyclist Peter Sagan finished in second place in the Tour of Flanders in Belgium on Sunday, but then he went for first… …base with one of the models hired to give the photo opportunity some sex appeal. Sagan, a 23-year-old cyclist pinched the backside of a podium girl during the medal ceremony. His mischievous grin suggests he was new exactly what he was doing and even was amused at his pinch of her rear. She can be seen to be removing Sagan’s hand quite clearly in video footage. Read more