As always, the Law Office of John M. Phillips’ facebook page was posting “strange laws.” Here are a few of this week’s best:
- It is illegal to put ice cream on cherry pie in Kansas.
- In Tennessee, it is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
- In Oklahoma, people who make “ugly faces” at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
- In Iowa, within the city limits of Ottumwa a man may not wink at any woman he does not know.
- In Indiana, citizens are not allowed to attend a cinema or theater nor ride in a public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.
- In Illinois, it is illegal to eat in a restaurant if it is on fire.
- In Georgia, it is illegal to tie a giraffe to a lamp post.
- In Mohave County, Arizona if you are caught stealing a bar of soap, your penalty is you must wash yourself until the bar of soap is completely used.
- In Washington, all lollipops are banned.
- In Minnesota, by law, all men riding motorcycles must wear shirts.