Shooter in law firm parking lot indicted, 14 charges (ABA Journal)
Man who drove drunk and killed another man, posts video confession on YouTube, begs viewers to not drink and drive (ABA Journal)
George Zimmerman questioned after his estranged wife called police, said Zimmerman was threatening her with a gun (WKMG Orlando)
Rodman went to N. Korea for second time, plans to return set up exhibition game with former NBA stars, calls it “basketball diplomacy” (ESPN)
Texas A&M sorority girl finds text messages to another woman in ex’s phone, tries to stab him in the chest with decorative wall-mounted dagger (WTAW)
Harper Lee settles case claiming agent tricked her out of rights to “To Kill a Mockingbird.” (ABA Journal)
Man claims overstuffed Wal-Mart bag is to blame for his wife’s death. Chain of events: bag overstuffed, bag breaks, wife cuts toe, toe becomes infected, infection spreads, wife dies from infection (Kansas City)
As quickly as online poker sites are being shut down, or moved to some obscure island, daily fantasy sports gambling websites are popping up. While the government cracks down on online gambling and sports betting, ”daily” fantasy sports betting is beating the odds. Legally, the differentiation that makes one form of online gambling legal, and another illegal, is whether the game is a game of chance or a game of skill. Fantasy sports have been deemed a “game of skill” in most states, therefore legalizing making wagers on fantasy sports. Read more
- In Alabama, state code allows only 5 minutes for one to vote.
- In Florida, it is illegal to drive with hazard lights unless you are in a funeral procession. Hazards lights are for stopped vehicles only.
- In Arkansas, no person shall sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 p.m.
- In Ottumwa, Iowa, it is illegal for any man, within the corporate city limits, to wink at any female with whom he is “unacquainted.”
- In Topeka, Kansas, servers are forbidden to serve wine in teacups.
- In Kentucky, a female shall not appear in a bathing suit on any highway within this state.
- In Zion, Illinois it is illegal for anyone to give cats, dogs, or other domesticated animals a lighted cigar.
- According to a law in China, you must be intelligent to go to college.
In Riverside, California, kissing on the lips, unless both parties wipe their lips with carbonized rose water, is against the local health ordinance.